Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 5


8/15 (Day 5)

Today was our free day! Due to the tight schedule and cold weather before, I had to get up early without a good sleep, so I didn’t wake up until 10 am. DJ and I decided to travel around the downtown of Florianopolis. After lunch, we walked along the street to downtown and found some graffito in the wall which were colorful and interesting. The downtown was prosperous and crowed. There were many stores along the street in downtown and I could find different kinds of goods. The salespeople were very nice, though we didn’t speak Portuguese, they always kept smile and tried their effort to explain with body language. They even helped us search the words we felt confused online! “Obrigado” was sincerely for them. And of course we bought something such as Brazilian coffee, Cuban cigar. During the trip, I saw something interesting. I saw old people enjoyed playing cards, acrobatics, national dance and street guitar performance.
 After traveling downtown, we went to a cafĂ© nearby to try Italian food with Caipirinha, but the rice was too saltly.
 All in all, it was a nice day!




No comments:

Post a Comment