Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 11


8/21 (Day 11)

Today we would visit two places. The first one is a cattle farm Fazenda Colombari. During the visit, we knew how a farm worked. It was interesting to learn that more milk could be obtained if they listened to music during milking process. The manure from the cattle was of great use. Some of them were used as fertilizer, while the rest would be an energy source to produce biogas to power a generator. The farm helped me expand my horizon on sustainability.
After lunch, we got to have a travel on Itaipu Dam. The Dam was one of the largest energy sources in Brazil. In 2013, the plant created a world record in power generation of 98630 GWh, which reached 75% of the Paraguayan demand and 17% of the Brazilian demand. The Dam was super large and the total length of the dam is more than 7000 meters. When I stood close to the reservoir, I felt it boundless, though it ranked 7th in size in Brazil. Then we went through the dam and saw the structure and control room. It was amazing to find harmonious cooperation between the two countries.
After Itaipu Dam, we visited local temple. It is interesting to see Bodhisattva in another country except China.
We had a farewell dinner tonight and I felt sad. Though the trip only lasted for 11 days, I thought it was too short and we just got to know each other. Memory of the trip would keep in my heart forever. I would treasure the knowledge I learnt and friendship we build.  







No comments:

Post a Comment